Posted by Magda
The ministry of transportation can't seem to stay away. There's action going on in the next little while on three fronts -- highway 7, the Hanlon, the GTA West corridor.
- You can now comment on what you think about the new plan for Highway 7. The planning study is available here.
I can't seem to find anything online about the commenting process --
the province took out an ad in the Mercury on Saturday about it, but
doesn't seem to have posted anything on the web. But the short version
of what was in the paper is that if you want to comment on the proposed
highway or get on the ministry's mailing list, you can contact
- Alla Dinerman, the project manager with MMM Group, hired by the province to do a detailed design of the highway, at email@example.com or 1-866-311-2266, or
- Dennis Regan, the project manager on the Ministry of Transportation side, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-873-4548.
You can also read more about this in the Mercury tomorrow.
- Wednesday: The final meeting of the group of folks redrawing the Hanlon Expressway. In past meetings they got aerial photos of the highway and drew on interchanges, service roads etc to tell the province how they want the highway to look.
- Monday: Overview of the study into the GTA West corridor -- the area from the 401 to just south of Fergus, and the 400 to Guelph -- and issues of transportation demand management. There's *lots* of information about this study online at www.gta-west.com.