As we told you, Maggie Laidlaw could be in some hot water over allegedly abusive and intimidating comments she allegedly made recently while appearing with constituents before the Committee of Adjustment.
The city's integrity commissioner is investigating after receiving two complaints from municipal staff. Expect to hear more when a preliminary report from commish Robert Swayze goes before councillors next Monday night.
In the event a violation is found to have occurred, the code of conduct allows a range of sanctions including:
- a motion of reprimand
- suspension of the remuneration paid to the councillor for a period of up to 90 days
- request the member return any gift or benefit received improperly (not applicable here)
- request the member repay the value of the benefit (again n/a)
- remove the member from committee or local board appointments
- request an apology
- withhold confidential materials/matters for a period of time.
I found this last one a bit curious.
It will be interesting to see what councillors have to say publicly about the matter.